Sunday, July 13, 2008

Wasted Wednesday

My game plan for Wednesday was to be - facial at Strands http://www.strands.bm/index1.html at 9:15am. Hop of the ferry to Dockyard. Go through the Maritime Museum and hit the snorkel park. I packed up my backpack to accomplish all and headed into town. Only to find - they had me scheduled for 11:45am. EEERRRRR!!!!!! In my abscense from the island I have aquired bike parking anxiety (shoot I almost knocked over a whole row of bikes on Monday). So I wasn't about to leave town and then come all the way back - yadda yadda yadda. So I figured this would be the day I do the little bit of shopping for bday presents and thank you presents for friends back home. And it turned out to be a good day - I ran into all sorts of people (well mostly friends) as I killed time in town waiting for my facial appointment.
I walked down to Miles, got a coffee and some fruit. Walked back to town and stopped at some park near the RBYC that I have never walked through before. Past Blucks and out to Albuouys Point. Up past the ferry station (HELLO - where did they move the visitor centre?!?). And back through the shops. I was sure to take some pictures along the way...

And it wasn't long until I needed to be back at Strands. And let me tell you that facial sure was a treat! I wish I had a Clarins spa in Charlotte...
The rest of the day I spent riding around a bit on the bike and then sat under a tree in my friends back yard reading. I had had my share of sun and sand and salt at that moment.

No comments: