Sunday, July 13, 2008

Fish Chowder & Conch Fritters

Besides balck & coke, the other two food items I always try to get while I am in Bermuda are fish chowder and conch fritters. I can say I was overly successful on all food objectives. After checking out of 9 Beaches on Tuesday I went to their waterfront restaurant for lunch. How pleasant to sit by the water with a nice breeze and some good food. After lunch I packed up my bike and headed on back to Knapton Hill. For some reason the ride out didn't seem quite as far as the ride home. It was nice none the less - although I definitely did not do as good of a job of the sunscreen on my legs as I would hope (well at least I didn't end up with stripes down my legs).
I stopped off at my friends' parenst house to catch up a bit. I always like to stop in and say hello. WOW - that very first visit 17 years ago when they invited me into their home - that seems like AGES ago, well I suppose it was AGES ago. Who would've thought all this time later... I digress. It was nice to catch up with them.

No comments: