Sunday, July 20, 2008

July 4th

Let's just say - as always someone suggested we go into town after the wedding. UGH - my body can SO not handle staying out that late!!! I just don't do that anymore... It was a good time but... I slept until after 11am! I cannot tell you the last time I have done that. SO again I did not go to Dockyard. Instead I layed about until later in the afternoon.
At which time I wigged out because I couldn't find my scooter key. I so did not want to spend the rest of my afternoon waiting for a replacement key. And I could not figure out for the life of me where it had gotten to... Well remember that trip to the beach? I had changed into a different pair of shorts and after about 30 minutes of fretting (yes - Mom definitely channeling your traits at that time..) I found them. PHEW!!!
Once I got my barings back - oh and got over finding that dead rat in the driveway (hey - atleast Rana doesn't bring them in the house like Bacchus and Monkey did that one time - now THAT was unnerving) - I made my way towards CocoReef and Elbow Beach for the fireworks.

The set up for the fireworks was like tailgating but taken to the next level because we were sitting on the beach. People had little grills. Others build bonfires. And there was the one guy with the blender - I still think the blender was for attention and not necessarily for the drink. Some wore bathing suits and went swimming. I walked along the beach a couple times. And we did check out the view from Elbow.
It was a fun night sitting under the stars watching the fireworks.
And after? We went to Ice Queen for some ice cream. YUMMY!!!

No comments: