Friday, July 18, 2008

St. George's

Again I did not make it to Dockyard. I figured my ful day agenda for Dockyard would wear me out prior to the wedding. So instead I headed to St. George's. I went over South Shore towards Mid-Ocean and down by Catle Harbour on my way over. Whenever there is an opportunity to be on the scooter I take it...

St. George's is as quaint as ever. I walked over by the statue and the Deliverance (gosh that has such a different meaning having lived in the south for all these years now). I walked along the various alleys and streets in and out of the shops. I bought a really nice necklace at the glassblowing place (it will pop up in some pictures). I had a Daddy moment (which I wasn't expecting - the one later at the wedding - sure I was expecting that... but in St. George's?). I saw no indication if the Civil War Museum my mom enjoys is still around or not. And I did walk around the church and the cemetary - another tourist thing my mom enjoys - go figure...

I left headed out of St. George's and drove around to Fort St. Catherines - one of my favourte tourist attractions on the island (currently closed for renovations). I saw the Club Med before its fateful implosion day later this summer (this place was an abandoned Club Med the first time I visited). And circled back around the unfinished church to head out of town.

No comments: