Sunday, July 13, 2008

Frog & Onion

Thankfully while I was at that end of the island, Lesley et al decided to have dinner Monday night at Frog and Onion http://www.frogandonion.bm/ The others were going to get on the ferry from town out to Dockyard. Chris and Lesley were driving out - while juggling other responsibilities. And luckily where I was staying it wasn't that long of a ride. So after some swimming etc I scooted my way to Dockyard. And in true U.S. fashion I arrived on time only to remember that in Bermuda on time is about 20 minutes late. To kill the time I walked around the craft shop and tasted some Dockyard Brewery beer.
There were about 10 of us for dinner. And this was the first time I was going to meet Chris! I grilled him a little and he tolerated my questions. A bunch of his friends rounded out the mix of people at the table. I would say we all had a really nice time.
Much to my happiness - my ride back to 9 Beaches included witnessing the sun set. In all my years there I have never been on that side of the island to witness the sun set. This time I had the opportunity twice - Saturday night before the fireworks and this evening. And let me tell you - riding back from Dockyard watching the sun set was FAR better than my last scooter ride from Dockyard which included a late night monsoon (OK - maybe it wasn't a monsoon but on my scooter it sure seemed like it was).

No comments: