Sunday, July 13, 2008

9 Beaches

I was still struggling with the gaping blister on the bottom of my foot during my stay at 9 Beaches - but I just had to suck it up if I were to see anything. My time there was spent walking around the grounds taking lots of pictures.
I swam my desired 250 yards (well as best as I could guess) in the pool on Monday afternoon. And I swam in the ocean on Tuesday morning. I state again - wow - swimming in the ocean can be quite challenging. Of course this time it was more my psyche than anything esle. You see that greenish fleck in the horizon? I swam out to that and back and across the shore line for a bit. I just can't help but think of big fish after a while. And I even know I have swam in these waters before off the back of a boat (Cup Match '92) which means I have been out further. But still the images of big fish swim into my brain - hey maybe it helps me swim faster.
I was also supposed to do sea kayaking while I was there. It turned out the "tour" was filled with 30 cruise ship passengers. Having dealt with the landlubbing cruise ship passengers while swimming with the sharks in Belize - I opted to not do the sea kayak tour. Instead I sat on the beach, read, swim and catch up with a friend. It was nice to have some down time.

No comments: