Friday, July 18, 2008

Swizzle Inn Swagger Out

No one had made mention of going to Swizzle during my visit so I figured this was as good a time as any to go on my own. Remember I was on a quest for fish chowder and conch fritters... What better place to stop than Swizzle Inn. http://www.swizzleinn.com/ I had a little Swizzle while I was there as well - I felt obligated as a tourist and all... (I found it funny that the songs playing at the radio were reminiscent of my first visits to the island - early Maxi Priest and KrisKros - go figure...)

From there I rode along North Shore around Harrington Sound, by Baileys Bay, Shelley Bay, Flatts Inlet all the way to Black Watch Pass into the back of town. Where I always proceed to get lost - even found myself near TCD before I figured out where the heck I was and how to get out of there. I was headed to town because I wanted to make sure I could find Erith House later in the day to pick up Shannon's mom for the wedding. But again - if there is an excuse for me to ride along on the scooter I will take it... So I meandered out of town over to Harbour Road, by Abernathy (wow - that looks great - even though I had no need to look at plants while on holiday - I so wanted to stop and shop) and around Pomander. Shannons' mom and anyone else I might want to see weren't at Erith when I found my way there... But I found it with ease. I swung by the Dinghy Club - hmm that last time I was by there - THAT was a fun day! OK - by I digress.... Back dow Harbour Road for a bit (kind of like my old commute home) back around to Middle Road and home for a bit.... I have mentioned the fascination with riding on the scooter, haven't I?

No comments: