Sunday, July 13, 2008

Off to the other end of the Island

Monday afternoon I packed up my duffle bag with some things, loaded it on the back of my scooter and headed to Daniel's Island. I had made arrangements to stay for one night at 9 Beaches. http://www.9beaches.com/

I stayed in a Coco Coral Cabana over by the "playground". I was a little miffed because I thought I would be closer to the tennis courts. On the map the tennis courts looked closer to the things to do - but in reality that probably wasn't the case. And when I walked through the front door of my cabana... I couldn't complain. Some things I didn't know about the resort before I arrived are - the cabanas are made of canvas - the outside is some sort of plastic version of canvas and the interior walls are a regular cloth canvas. Neat concept - but the white canvas roof/ceiling did promote a bit of warmth to the cabana. By night fall it was OK and with the windows open and the 3 fans on I slept wondrfully (I didn't opt for the a/c which was available). Also, I didn't know there was an animal farm on the other side of the hill. Thankfully I was not directly diwn wind from the farm - some cabanas are - that's a nice fresh air scent you don't come across every day. So all in all it was a nice place but not some place I would stay for a week.

No comments: