Monday, August 9, 2010

Red Neck

Well you can take the girl out of the Carolinas but that doesnt mean she might not get a red neck...
Day started off with another 2mile McGalls Hill run.  Today I took my phone and took some pics.  I will post them when I get home.  My pace was about the same.  Traffic at the bottom of Collectors Hill did interfer with the pace some.  But I did do better before the hill.  And kept up with the run on the way back down St. Marks.  Will be able to decipher more when I get downloaded to Garmin.
From there went to Miles and met a friend for coffee.  It was nice to catch up after so many years.  She's been running on her visit longer distances than I imagine doing.
http://www.miles.bm/Reborn-MilesVer3/index.html

Left town (with a pleasant surprise - wonder what the HRM would have read at that moment?) and got a bike at Oleanders on Valley Road.  That was the first time I havent had them deliver a bike directly to me in AGES!!!  It was nice to go to the store location.  It is near where I used to live and brings back some memories.
http://www.oleandercycles.bm/

From there rode all the way out to St Georges to meet another friend for lunch - hence the red neck.  It was a pleasant visit.  Fish chowder.  Fish sandwich.  Bermuda Perfumery.  The Island Shop.  AS Cooper.  Glass Blowing Company.  Taste fo chocolate rum cake.  A pleasant afternoon.
Late in the afternoon Lesley and I took a ride.  Somehow in the mix I finally got to see Clearwater Beach and the triathlon route that goes through there.  There were 2 people practicing open water swimming out there in the ocean.  I so wish I had my suit, cap and goggles with me at that time.  Oh well.
There is a bike shop on the island as well that rents pedal bikes (thanks for the link:)  However the daily bike rental may be as much if not more than the bike I call my own.  Plus no rack to get it to flat land.  And I dont want to ride with the hills and traffic around here.  But something to consider in the future.
And now trying to pace myself to get a good night's sleep and not get sucked into this Dragon Tatoo book I am reading.
Tomorrow some Spittal Pond.  Maybe the caves (in my 19 years of visiting I have never been).  Perhaps a yoga class at the beach (wont Stacey be jealous).  And dinner with friends.  I KNOW the week is going to fly by.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dragon Tattoo aka Millennium Trilogy are really good. Check out the movies in Swedish w subtitles. awesome.