Sunday, August 8, 2010

Made it

I did stop the count down about 2 weeks out.  Mostly because I had so much to do I didnt have much time to tinker and type about getting ready to go.  I was pleased with the work that I was able to get done before leaving.  I did take a week off of training, which I have already discussed.  And I took some time in the packing.  I did the list of what I think I want to pack late last week.  By Tuesday I started yucking things out of the closet and lining them up on the floor in an effort to pack.  Wednesday I did a road trip from work that got in the way of my energy level to finish packing.  Thursday is when Colin became a presence to consider.  But I opted to just stay the course instead of getting too distracted with anxiety over it.  So i put most of my clothes in teh suitcase and considered it complete until the morning of travel.  My mom arrived on Friday to watch the dog.  And on Friday night to kickoff the holiday, my mom and friends and I went to Southsiders for a beer - which quickly turned into a few more.  It was a good time.
Saturday I woke up half expecting the flight to be delayed or something.  But it turned out to be on time.  I managed my time to the flight perfectly.  I had just enough time to get some cash at the ATM and some yogurt, walk to the flight and pretty close to just walk on. 
And the flight was pretty much on time.  So I cant complain at all.
Colin is kind of here today.  But not close yet.  He has definitely slowed down in his approach.  So we will play through the rain today.  Get the scooter tomorrow.  And start the site seeing aspect of it all.

No comments: