Sunday, August 8, 2010

McGalls Hill Run

Chris did a wonderful job of selectively omitting that the quick loop from the house would tkae us up McGalls Hill.  Great we got to run down Collectors Hill... but....
It felt good actually to get a run in in the midst or should I have left the type-o of "mist" of Colin.
Off to brunch

Went to brunch at FourWays.  19 years into this and this was the first time I have ever been to Four Ways.  What a nice little brunch it was.  The seaweed salad with mango was a nice change.  The meat and chees platter hit the spot.  The grilled lamb was tasty.  Wahoo.  WAHOO!!!  And then to end it all - the dessert table.  The mango mousse tasted amazingly just like mango.  The other desserts I shoveled onto my plate were just as good but totally unnecessary.

The rest of the afternoon consisted of a nap, reading, a ride to John Smiths and Watch Hill to see "the storm", a picture for work (our clients are everywhere), some salmon and ice cream.  Overall a good day.
http://www.bermuda-online.org/seesmith.htm

And now that we are all trying to settle down with our evening...  thought I'd do somefollow up on the morning run...  My Garmin clocked it at just 2 miles.  As always I suspect it was a little shorter but given the hills I wont complain.  I checked out a friend's Garmin page to try to determine the elevation but couldnt make much sense out of it.  I ended up on mapmyrun and clocked it there - about 1.94 miles.  The elevation feature however was not kicking in.  So I will just have to chalk it up to a hill and not sure what else to say about it.

Well except I am pretty sure I am going to give it a try again tomorrow morning.  Then head to town for coffee.  Pick up a scooter.  And possibly meet some others for coffee.  Looking forward to the weather picking up.

No comments: