Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Botanical Garden/Tuckers Point/Swizzle/Baileys

I was planning on heading to Soutside today.  Thought I'd try an open water swim and run.  But it was overcast and my motivation was minimal.  So we went to the Botanical Garden instead.  It was a nice mile walk or so.  As always I took pictures of flowers that catch my attention.  Pictures of flowers I have taken pictures of before.  But it was very nice to just walk around and take it all in.  May go back and check out the art museum on the grounds.  Havent decided yet.
From there we started to drive around - little guy had fallen asleep in the car.  We headed over Collectors Hill and through Flatts via Harrington Hundreds to go check out Tuckers Point.  The last time I had been up that way the golf course had just reopened and the building on the property was still a work in progress.  Perhaps even just an idea in progress.  Plus I hadnt been that far down South Shore just yet.  So we went for a nice ride and the napper appreciated it as well.  And wouldnt you know that as we were turning around at the club house there was AF checking out the sites as well.  We stopped.  Chatted.  And headed to the main lobby. 
http://www.tuckerspoint.com/
After some deliberation on my part.  I went home.  Threw on my suit and a sun skirt and headed back to sit by the pool and grab some lunch.  The clouds never cleared and the rain did spit on us a little - so I never did find that motivation to head out to Clearwater.
We had a nice lunch.  Split a bottle of wine.  Fish chowder - it is an obligation of mine when I visit - hopefully precludes the need for me to make some from scratch when I get home. Smoked salmon.  A nice light lunch.  And proceeded to sit by the pool some.  And swim some.  It was a nice afternoon.
I thought I would get a run in before dinner but again the motivation did NOT kick in.
I showered and had dinner at Swizzle Inn.  http://www.swizzleinn.com/
Again an obligatory thing - swizzles, chowder, conch fritters... follwed by some ice cream at Baileys.  It was a fun evening. 
MAYBE tomorrow will find me at Clearwater.  I really need to go and get it out of my system.  And then if I like it I can go back and take pictures.  WOW - what a great idea.  Glad I finally put that stress to rest.

No comments: