Tuesday, August 10, 2010

John Smiths Bay


I didnt have enough space on my bike to lug everything I wanted.  So I went home switched out a few things and headed to John Smiths Bay.  It may not be my most favourite.  It is the one I have visited most frequently and swim in the most.  Astwood Cove is most favourite - just doesnt have much for swimming...  Anyways... The bay is conveniently located and not overrun by tourists.  However there are people there swimming so I dont have to worry about my fear of swimming alone.  I met a friend there and her children.  I was planning on staying for 2 hours or so and ended up staying for FOUR!!!  Thank goodness the Target brand sunscreen worked....  Oh, we did spend a good portion in the shade as well but the sunscreen worked like a charm.
I managed to go in the water 3 times.  It wa lovely.  As with Spittal Pond, I managed to work some time in there out in the water to just relax.  Let the water carry me.  Let the waves choose my direction.  Just relax.  It was nice. 
We had lunch on the beach.  Good conversation.  And eventually headed home.





I showered and spent the rest of the afternoon running errands with Les.  HAH!!!  Ended up at Gorhams...
http://gorhams-ltd.com/
Tool Time even happens in Bermuda....  I did find myself explaining the finer points of how blades for reciporcatiing saws are painted...  RELAX grrl.
We drove down the Southampton and back for the little guy to take a nap.
Now the puppy and I are having some alone time.  I was reading the Dragon book but decided that this would be a good use of time as well.
What will tomorrow bring?

Almost forgot had dinner down the hill at Northrock Brewery...  Fish chowder and a salad...  Some alone time.  What did Chris call me for eating alone?  "City girl"  Well when you travel a lot for work all by your lonesome you get used to eating alone.  It is nice every once in a while.  Good for eavesdropping.
http://www.northrockbrewing.com/

No comments: