Sunday, November 16, 2008

Well that was sad...

I spent the better part of my day cleaning the closet in my guest room. It has tonnes of space and I don't use it except for storage. I just hate eye clutter. And I hate when I open the doors to the closet and there we have eye clutter. I really don't like things out on my counter tops either.
So I knew I had some boxes that could afford some straightening and I know once the year is over I can rumage through some other boxes of financials.
I ended up moving 4 more boxes into the attic. And threw out some things.
One of the things I threw out were negatives. Given the scanning age, I can pretty much scan any crappy old picture and get a duplicate. The shoe box full of negatives really didn't need to stick around. OK - you are mad because they are bad for the environment. I can't imagine them being good for the environment - chemically treated plastic strips? But I threw them out anyways. Of course not without sorting through the envelopes... And guess what I found?
An airline ticket.... When I moved away from Bermuda I was given 21 days to gather my belongings settle my affairs and leave the island. And of course they gave me that notice a week late. It ended up being cheaper to buy a round trip ticket than a one way. I suppose that is usually the case. And that's what was hidden in the midst of all those envelopes. A little ticket portfolio from Continental with the other half of that ticket.
Yep - I kept it. I just moved it to a different box for now.

No comments: