Wednesday, August 27, 2008

End of an Error

So the old Club Med was imploded on Monday. I have to laugh because ever since I started visiting the island in 1991 it has been called the "old Club Med"... I have to wonder, when in the world was it really a Club Med?
I am going to have to go through some old photo albums to see if I have any shots of the hotel from Fort St. Catherines from some of my earlier visits.
I know I have friends that were out there for the implosion... Maybe someone will send me some pics? :) And I can post one or two... Or not...
I have never been to a building implosion. They imploded the old convention center here a few years back. But I didn't have the time to trek that way to see it. Probably won't make my list of things to do in this lifetime. But hey - you never know...

Ahh - the wonders of the internet... I just "googled" Club Med Implosion Bermuda and found a whole bunch on YouTube
They are all pretty neat... especially the series of big bangs before the building starts to move...

No comments: